Curious about the Institute? Sign up for a tour behind the scenes. You will walk through stockrooms that are closed to the public and you get to see unique documents. An introduction to the Institute is displayed on video and a tour guide tells you all about the rich history of this institution. The tour lasts about 1.5 hours and is free of charge. It can be possible to focus on specific interests of the group, please contact us before at GuidedtourIISG@iisg.nl.
1. Introduction archive research
We receive students (WO and HBO) in the Posthumus Room where, under the guidance of an IISH colleague, we can give an introduction about the institute, how to search on the website, how to request materials and so on. If desired in combination with a tour of the institute, along the various depots. Pay attention:
- Application at least 6 weeks in advance
- Duration: one day part
- Max 20 students per day part
- If you want to consult documents, you can consult the colleagues from the reading room. The documents must be requested no later than one week in advance.
2. Guided tours of the IISH's collection for higher education
For students of HBO institutions and universities, a visit to the IISH can be very interesting. Learn more about the impressive collection, with the archives of various organizations and individuals. We can receive 2 groups per month. Pay attention:
- Application: at least 6 weeks in advance
- Maximum 2 groups of 20 people per guided tour
- Duration: 60 minutes
3. Are you a regular visitor to the reading room and would you like to know more about the IISH?
Once every two months we organize a guided tour for the visitors of the Study Room. Perhaps you would like to know more about our research or our collection? Maybe you would like to get in touch with fellow researchers? Then walk along with the tour! A collection specialist from the IISH guides you around and there is plenty of room to talk to each other. We would love to hear what you are working on. There is a form on the counter where you can register. Pay attention:
- Duration: a maximum of 90 minutes
- Max 10 people at a time.
4. Guided tours for interested people (neighbors, secondary schools, tourists)
Every first Tuesday and the third Thursday of the month you can register for a guided tour. Pay attention:
- Duration: a maximum of 60 minutes
- Maximum 20 people per tour.
- Exception: for secondary schools we can make an exception and allow up to 40 people with two tour guides.
- Requests for guided tours must be done via email@example.com
- A minimum of 4 applicants is required to organize a tour