Request documents from archives or collections
STEP 1 - REQUEST
- Open the catalogue (search.socialhistory.org)
- Start your search and find the desired archive or collection
- Click the "Request" button, this will direct you to the Content List (if available)
- Click the "Request" button, you will find it underneath the description of an inventory number
- “Your List of Requests” now appears at the bottom right corner
- Each request may contain up to 10 inventory numbers, but you may submit multiple requests.
NB Clear the list by clicking on “Remove all”, remove an inventory number or archival collection by clicking on the “X”
- Click the "Submit" button
STEP 2 - RESERVATIONS
- A reservation form will open a new tab in your browser, including an overview of your selected items
- Complete the Reservation Form
- Select the date of your visit (default is the current day until 4 p.m.)
- Retype the two words at the bottom of the form
NB if you can’t read the words, try a new captcha by clicking the icon
- Click the “Reserve” button
STEP 3 – CONSULTING
- You'll get an e-mail confirming your request
- The item(s) will be ready for you at the information desk (within 30 minutes) to consult in the reading room
- When you return a box or folder, please enclose the request form too
- See also: Rules concerning Consultation - socialhistory.org/services/rules-consultation
ARCHIVES WITH RESTRICTIONS
A small part of the archives have restrictions on accessing.
• When making a reservation you will see "Items with consultation restrictions" appears in step 2. The IISG mediates upon obtaining permission.
• Click the "Request permission" button.
• Fill in the form
• As soon as we receive a message about whether or not to grant permission, you will be notified.
RESERVATION OF ARCHIVES FOR WHICH PERMISSION IS GRANTED
At Step 2 - fill in the codes you have received by e-mail to reserve of documents.
the "Request" button fails to appear:
- the item was already reserved: the text " Item already reserved, please contact email@example.com " appears
- the item can't be consulted due to restrictions on use: the text "Item not reservable" appears.
the text "Item not found" appears:
- Click the Refresh button or press the F5 key