This is a selection of posters about left-wing political organisations from the collection of Bangladesh Posters, collected by the IISH and Heritage – Archives of Bangladesh History . Click on the picture for an enlarged image.
1. ‘Ignite the light of freedom, brave ones! Youth gathering for the Dhaka Division in Mymensingh.’
Bangladesh Youth Union (1999).
IISH Call nr: BG D30/237
2. ‘Why this barbarity during the Red Flag gathering of 20 January? How much longer will we have to float on rivers of blood?’
Communist Party of Bangladesh (2001).
IISH Call nr: BG D74/644
3. ‘The call of Party Day, 3 June: Engage in the people’s war to establish the revolutionary people’s power of workers, peasants and middle classes…!’
Central Committee, East Bengal Proletarian Party (2002).
4. ‘Sugar industry, save the sugarcane growers!
- Modernize your machinery
- Fix a reasonable sugarcane price for the farmers
- Stop cheating on weight and money
- Get seeds, fertilizer and insecticides to the growers on time
- Do research on improved varieties
- No sugar imports because of slow production
- Oppose the World Bank and IMF’s conspiracy to destroy industrial agriculture.’
Communist Party of Bangladesh (2003).
IISH Call nr: BG D74/943
5. ‘The call of Labour Day! Follow the lead of the working class and adopt Marxism-Leninism-Maoism to defeat the aggressive imperialist war!’
Revolutionary Workers’ Movement/Revolutionary Student and Youth Movement (2003).
7. ‘Comrade Moni Singh Fair at the Tanka movement martyrs’ pillar, Durgapur, Netrakona. A respectful greeting to Comrade Moni Singh, founder of the Communist Party, abroad during the Liberation War, advisor to the Government, legendary revolutionary leader in the struggle for the labouring people’s liberation.’
Comrade Moni Singh Fair Observation Committee (2004/5).
IISH Call nr: BG D74/867
8. ‘Stop repression and persecution of Communist Party leaders and workers! We demand the release of Mohsin Ali, chairman of the Rajshahi CPB and leader of the Bil Kalai movement. Withdraw the false case against him!’
Communist Party of Bangladesh (2005).
9. ‘Stop the U.S. imperialists’ reign of terror and looting! Self-interested imperialism and its supporters are ruining the industrial and agricultural economy. And stop the export of gas!’
Communist Party of Bangladesh (c. 2005).
The countries depicted are Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Bangladesh.
IISH Call nr: BG D74/639
11. ‘The call of Labour Day – Workers of the world, unite! Down with imperialism and fundamentalism!’
Bangladesh Trade Union Centre (2005).
IISH Call nr: D78/311
13. ‘Abolish communal terror, imperialism and bad governance! Uproot the bomb-throwing murderers who attacked shrines and churches during the gathering of CPB, Awami League, Udichi and Chhayanat.’
Communist Party of Bangladesh.
IISH Call nr: BG D74/664
14. ‘We demand a trial for the murder of Comrade Sotyoban Hajong, general secretary of the Hajong Development Committee, indigenous leader and CPB leader of the Susong-Durgapur Region.’
Communist Party of Bangladesh (c. 2006).
IISH Call nr: BG D78/327